Stressed or tired eyes almost everyone knows. We then automatically start to rub our eyes or even to squeeze them lightly. This method is just right - with a small massage we can look relaxed again into the world. Many of us spend much of our time in the office - with dry air and often a lot of stress. For this we sit for hours in front of the computer, eyes fixed on the keyboard and the screen. No wonder our eyes are often strained.
5 tips for relaxed eyes
- While working on the screen do not forget to blink! Because that keeps the cornea moist and protects the eyes.
- When working on the screen, take a short break every now and then. Close your eyes during the breaks and gently massage the eyelids with your fingertips. Then open your eyes wide and let circle first in one direction, then in the other direction.
- The so-called Palmieren also has a relaxing effect: Place your scalloped palms over your closed eyes so that light does not fall in (do not close your nose) and leave them as long as you feel comfortable. Try to imagine the color black - this enhances the effect. Relax consciously not only the eyes, but also the face and shoulders.
- At regular intervals, let your gaze wander - the change between near and far vision supports the eye muscles.
- Pay attention to your diet - the lack of certain vitamins can cause red, inflamed, watery and painful eyes as well as poor vision at dusk. Vitamin A is the indispensable substance for healthy eyes; its precursor, the so-called beta-carotene, is present in yellow, red and orange fruits and vegetables. Just as important to the eyes is vitamin C, which promotes blood circulation and strengthens blood vessel walls. This is abundant in kiwis, citrus fruits, hot peppers, sea buckthorn and rosehips. Vitamin B2 is also an eye vitamin and can be found especially in milk, cheese, poultry, liver, wheat germ and wheat bran.
Massage of the eye area
In order to detoxify the eye area and to reduce wrinkles and puffiness, the following massage techniques are suitable. They should all be exercised with light pressure:
- Refreshment of the eye: Simply stroke your fingers lightly over the eyelids.
- To reduce swelling: apply pressure with your fingertips.
- For purifying and alleviating wrinkles: For the first time use the fingertips from the inner eyelid to the outside clockwise to perform rapid knocking movements around the eye. Then use the same method counterclockwise.
- To relax the eyes: Place thumb in the inner corner of the eye over the eyeball. Drive with gentle pressure below the brow from the inside out. Repeat several times.
Eye shadows and bags
The skin around our eyes is thin and quite sensitive. Dark circles under the eyes and swelling or sagging of the eyelid under the eyes do not contribute to our mental well-being. Such bags are especially due to fatigue or arousal, in the days before and during menstruation and menopause increased, but can also be a result of internal diseases. They are either genetic or due to a sporadic lymph congestion, where too much fluid remains in the tissue.
In some people, fat deposits under the eyes, which then shimmer through whitish. In order to reduce fluid retention, detoxifying measures and special eye care products can be tried.
4 Tips for Avoiding Eye Bags
- Not too shallow and best to sleep with the windows open. Turn off the heating and air conditioning.
- Drink a lot! Drink at least two liters of water or herbal tea daily. This stimulates the kidney activity and promotes the removal of slag.
- Professional lymph drainage pamper the face and help to a relaxed eye area.
- Maintain the eye area regularly with eye gel or balm.
Protect your eyes!
Remember to protect your eyes. Some skin needs special care and intensive care. And you should also protect your eyes from the sun. With sunglasses and proper eye care you can make everyone's eyes beautiful.